After the parade on Yonge, Festival of India celebrations continue for the remainder of the weekend at Centre Island. Festival attendees will be treated to a sumptuous and FREE vegetarian feast along with a host of other family-friendly activities, including:
- a massive, outdoor tented pavilion
- acclaimed music, dance, & drama performances – Arts & Culture
- a bustling South Asian Bazaar – Vendors
- intriguing exhibits on ancient spiritual culture and heritage
- traditional face-painting
- an outdoor yoga festival – Yoga Meltdown
- Bhakti Cloud – a tent for youth to socialize
- a fun-filled and educational children’s area including yoga for children
The festival is open to and free for the all. With its diverse assortment of celebrations and activities, Festival of India at Centre Island is sure to offer something for everyone!
Although the festival itself is free, you still need to buy the ferry tickets to get onto the Centre Island. You can purchase your tickets now through the City of Toronto’s online ticketing system using the button below to avoid any delays at the ferry docks on the day of the festival.